Requirements for the Percussion major
Bachelor of Music / Classical Percussion Major
For the pre-selection, a total of 3 uncut videos showing artistic presentations have to be submitted with the application. The total duration of the 3 videos should not exceed 20 minutes. The following requirements apply:
- Snare drum. 1 uncut video.
- The windmill, from preliminary drum roll to rolls in various dynamics; in addition, 1-2 études from the method books of Knauer, Hochrainer, Delecluse, Goldenberg or Kruger, etc., of a moderate to high level of difficulty.
- Timpani. 1 uncut video.
- Tympani: Tuning instruments to concert A on the piano, optional solo piece or 1-2 études by Knauer, Hochrainer, Krüger or similar piece, of a moderate to high level of difficulty.
- Rod playing. 1 uncut video.
- Optional solo piece or etude by Goldenberg, Keune, Delecluse or similar, difficulty level medium to difficult.
2. Presence Examination
The presence examination includes the following parts:
Artistic presentation in the main subject: the same repertoire requirements apply as in the preselection. The same works may be presented as in the preselection.
Artistic presentation in the piano minor: Two pieces of your choice have to be prepared.
A short reflective talk related to the artistic presentation.
The examination board reserves the right to make a selection from the prepared pieces.
Note: Candidates should expressly note that the program in the classical Percussion major at the Robert Schumann Hochschule Düsseldorf does not necessarily include the drum set.
After passing the presence examination:
Written exams in music theory and aural skill training.