Requirements for the Organ bachelor's program.
Bachelor of Music / Organ Major
1. Presence Examination
The presence examination includes the following parts and should last a maximum of 20 minutes:
- One freely chosen piece by J. S. Bach (e.g. Prelude /Fantasy / Toccata and Fugue / Trio Sonata).
- Additionally one piece each from two following categories:
a) Pre-Bach masters (e.g., a prelude or toccata by Buxtehude).
b) Romanticism (e.g. a sonata by Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, a chorale by Franck, a moderately difficult work by Reger
c) 20th/21st century/contemporary music (e.g. a sonata by Hindemith, a movement from a cycle by Messiaen)
- sight-reading easier literature.
- Artistic presentation in the piano minor: Three pieces of the student's choice are to be prepared.
- A short reflective talk related to the artistic presentation.
The examination board reserves the right to make a selection from the prepared pieces.
After passing the presence examination:
Written exams in music theory and aural skill training.
Prof. Jürgen Kursawa
Robert Schumann Hochschule Düsseldorf Fischerstraße 110, 40476 Düsseldorf
Fon: +49.211.49 18 -0 www.rsh-duesseldorf.de