Requirements for the Composition bachelor’s program.
Bachelor of Music / Composition Major
For the pre-selection, a total of 4 files in PDF format with own compositions / scores must be submitted with the application. The following requirements apply:
- four own compositions / scores of free choice. 1 PDF file per work sample.
2. Presence Examination
The presence examination includes the following parts:
- Expert discussion of the submitted compositions (max. 20 minutes)
- Artistic presentation in the instrumental major or voice and in the instrumental minor or voice
a) Instrumental major or voice
- Two works of moderate difficulty from different stylistic periods of free choice (approx. 15 minutes).
- Two simpler pieces from different stylistic periods of free choice (approx. 10 minutes)
- A short reflective talk related to the artistic presentation.
The examination board reserves the right to make a selection from the prepared pieces.
After passing the presence examination:
Written exams in music theory and aural skill training.
Prof. Oliver Schneller