Requirements for the Trumpet major
Bachelor of Music / Major in Orchestral Instruments
For the pre-selection, a total of 3 uncut videos showing artistic presentations have to be submitted with the application. The total duration of the 3 videos should not exceed 20 minutes. The following requirements apply:
- Three works from three different style periods chosen freely with piano accompaniment from the following repertoire. 3 uncut videos.
- Hummel - Concerto (E-flat major version)
- Th. Charlier – Solo de Concours I
- A. Goedicke - Concert Etude
- Kent Kennan – Sonata
- B. Martinu – Sonatina
- G. Cords – Concert fantasia
- J. B. Neruda – Concerto
- J. Rueff – Sonatina
- V. Brandt – Concert pieces 1+2
- Eug. Bozza – Caprice, Rustiques
- G. Enesco – Legend
- J. Fr. Fasch – Concerto
- Viviani – Sonatas 1+2
2. Presence Examination
The presence examination includes the following parts:
Artistic presentation in the main subject: the same repertoire requirements apply as in the preselection. The same works may be presented as in the preselection.
Artistic presentation in the piano minor: Two pieces of your choice have to be prepared.
A short reflective talk related to the artistic presentation.
The examination board reserves the right to make a selection from the prepared pieces.
After passing the presence examination:
Written exams in music theory and aural skill training.
Robert Schumann Hochschule Düsseldorf Fischerstraße 110, 40476 Düsseldorf
Fon: +49.211.49 18 -0 www.rsh-duesseldorf.de