Requirements for the Conducting (Choral Conducting) master’s program
Master of Music / Conducting Major
For the pre-selection, a total of 3 uncut videos showing artistic presentations have to be submitted with the application. The total duration of the 3 videos should not exceed 45 minutes. The following requirements apply:
- Conducting subject: Recording of a self-conducted work (excerpt max. 15 minutes). 1 uncut video.
- Piano: two piano works of your choice, without repetitions (max. 15 minutes). 1 uncut video.
- Singing: one aria and one song of free choice (max. 15 minutes). 1 uncut video.
2. Presence Examination
The presence examination includes the following parts:
- Artistic Presentation:
a) Piano or Vocals:
- Performance of three works from different style periods, one composed after 1910.
b) Piano Performace:
- Prepared: Performance of one major a cappella work from the score.
- unprepared: Playing from sight-reading of scores presented.
- Conducting of a work by arrangement
After passing the examinations of points a), b) and c):
d) Work with the RSH Vocal Ensemble:
- Rehearsal of up to 20 minutes duration. (The work will be communicated approximately 4 weeks before the examination date).
- Conducting a given work. (The work will be communicated approximately 4 weeks prior to the examination date).
- A short reflective talk related to the artistic presentation.
The examination board reserves the right to make a selection from the prepared pieces.
Prof. Timo Nuoranne
Robert Schumann Hochschule Düsseldorf Fischerstraße 110, 40476 Düsseldorf
Fon: +49.211.49 18 -0 www.rsh-duesseldorf.de